Below you will find archived recordings of the monthly Leadership Training and Discussion teleconference. This occurs on the second Monday of each month at 1300 Central Time using (866) 820-9940.
The page contains two main love 2 headings. The first takes you to our upcoming sessions. The second is where you will find our archived sessions. Simply click on the description of the call to listen to the recording from the session.
If you wish to receive email announcements for these teleconferences and their associated handouts, talk with other leaders and members of the Blinded Veterans Association, and receive other news and information alerts, send an email to info@blindnotalonecom or ask your BVA District Director to be added to the Leadership Trainign and Discussion Teleconference email discussion group. The Leadership Training and Discussion Teleconferences are supported by the National Board of Directors as a source of information for Regional Groups to learn more about the BVA and how to become involved.
Upcoming 2017 Leadership Training and Discussion Sessions
August 14th at 1300 Central Time
- Informal meeting as the BVA National Convention will be occurring at the same time.
September 11th at 1300 Central Time
October 9th at 1300 Central Time
- We will invite the BVA membership coordinator and communications manager to discuss their respective positions. This will provide participants with a chance to learn about the current health of the BVA membership and how to provide information for the BVA bulletin.
November 13th at 1300 Central Time
- We will discuss various methods regional groups have successfully conducted outreach with community partners and membership recruitment activities. The BVA and our regional groups are only as strong as our various networks permit.
December 11th at 1300 Central Time
- The BVA Leadership Training Teleconference will conduct its year in review and plan for the 2018 sessions. Secondly, we will review the BVA’s financial records, if the IRS 990 form is available for 2017.
Archived Leadership Training and Discussion Sessions
July 10th at 1300 Central Time
- This session allowed participants to learn about the 29 proposed resolutions and by-law amendments to be presented to the membership at the BVA’s National Convention. A thorough review resolved many questions about the merits of each item.
June 12th at 1300 Central Time
- Ed, Wade, and Hollie from the BVA’s FSP led this session on the FSP, appealing VA decisions, and obtaining VA prosthetics. Additionally we learned about the BVA’s advocacy approach related to enforcing Section 504 and 508 ensuring visually impaired Veterans may access VA resources, information, and decisions.
May 8th at 1300 Central Time
- We reviewed different methods regional groups may conduct fund raising activities. Discussions highlighted successful campaigns, ineffective strategies, and BVA reporting requirements.
April 10th at 1300 Central Time
- This continued the discussion from March’s call, focusing on BVA’s regional groups and national’s status as non-profits and by-laws. This was a very engaging session with participants sharing their questions and thoughts on these topics.
March 13, 2017
- This call provided us a chance to review and exchange knowledge about incorporation of regional groups, tax exempt requirements and status, and the business side of regional groups. John Carter explained these items from his experiences and research on this topic.
February 13, 2017
- Bridget Jones, BVA Administration Director, discusses upcoming due dates and deadlines for Regional Group to submit their requirements to remain in good standing and for the National Convention. The second part of the call allows participants to share their planning efforts for March 28’s National Blinded Veterans Day celebrations.
January 9th, 2017
- BVA Legislative Director, Melanie Brunson, and BVA Legislative Committee Chair, Tom Zampieri, discuss the 115th US Congress, BVA legislative priorities, and actions individuals to BVA leaders must pursue to aid in achieving the BVA’s legislative priorities.
November 14th, 2016
October 10, 2016
September 12, 2016