Come meet and join your fellow Blinded Veterans of the Heartland in Branson from April 19th to the 22nd. We cordially invite any Veterans with visual impairments; your family and friends; and any VA staff to our annual convention. The Heartland Regional Group is the BVA’s only affiliate serving our fellow Veterans throughout Kansas, Missouri, and southern Illinois.
Your participation allows you to engage with other Veterans, caregivers and family members, supporting organizations, and VA service providers and staff. The wide range of conversations and programs will increase your knowledge about the BVA and VA services, upcoming events for blinded Veterans in the region, assistive and accessible technologies, and so much more. All we do ask attendees to our annual convention to being willing to share their thoughts and ideas to continue our efforts to build a stronger community supporting all blinded Veterans,
Here are the details for the 2018 annual convention of the Heartland Regional group of the Blinded Veterans Association:
- Westgate Branson Woods Resort
- 2201 Roark Valley Road
- Branson MO 65616
- Arrive into Branson and check in on Thursday, April 19
- Depart Branson on Sunday, April 22
- Tentative schedule may be located below
If you are interested in attending, below you will find how to secure your lodging today. For those requiring transportation assistance, please contact Paul Mimms at (816) 266-1773. We are currently trying to establish transportation assistance for individuals interested in linking up in Topeka, Leavenworth, Kansas City, and St. Louis.
The Westgate is pleased to host the Heartland Regional Group, Blinded Veterans Association, at the Westgate Branson Woods Resort. We have used this location for the last two years with positive feedback from all participants. We do request you check in by April 19th and depart on April 22, but understand if you need to leave on Saturday the 21st. Additionally, the room reservation block price of $69 per night is extended for three days before and/or after the recommended check in and out dates.
Reservations booked under the room block for the Heartland Regional Group of the Blinded Veterans Association requires a minimum deposit equal to one (1) night’s room & tax to be charged on a major credit card. Reservations must be received by
the Resort no later than March 19, 2018. Our group code is:
A refundable security deposit equal to a fifty dollar ($50) credit card hold or two-hundred dollars ($200) cash deposit
is required at check-in for each Reservation to cover any incidentals. This amount is fully refundable upon
check-out if no incidentals are charged and there is no room damage.
Below is the tentative schedule for our 2018 annual convention:
- Arrival on Thursday, April 19th
- Evening social and ice breaker
- Morning features our welcome address and opening ceremonies
- Remainder of the day consists of educational sessions, presentations by regional group members and supporting organizations, and business meetings establishing goals for the regional group
wondering how to remain up to date on the actions of all Blinded Veterans across the Heartland? Follow us through the below methods:
- Receive our quarterly Newsletter or BVA Bulletin by becoming a member of the Blinded Veterans Association
- Visit our home page and subscribe to our e-newsletter at Heartland.BlindNotAlone.com
- While visiting our homepage, check out our sponsoring partner, Blind Not Alone, LLC, the only Veteran owned small business throughout our region providing effective assistive technology training, resources, and advocacy, through an ACVREP Certified Assistive Technology Instructional Specialists
- Like and follow our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/blindedveteran/